Consider a career with Wyo Central.
Wyo Central Federal Credit Union is a leader in the financial industry. All types of positions are possible including Loan Officers, New Account Representatives, and Tellers.
Wyo Central is always looking for upbeat, exceptional, success driven, sales focused individuals to join the team. If you feel the need to excel in an exciting career that offers challenge, and rewards, please consider working with us.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Collections Representative is responsible for organizing and supervising collections activities for the Credit Union. The Collections Representative will be responsible for ongoing adherence to all applicable laws and regulations as well as the Collection Policy set in place by Wyo Central Federal Credit Union.
- Participate in the development of collection policies and procedures for foreclosure, credit for payment of delinquent accounts, and other default procedures.
- Participate in the management of certain loan workout situations. This will include preparing and executing specific action plans for these credits.
- Review the delinquent loan status for the financial institution, contacting those delinquent account holders through telephone calls, letters and personal visits.
- Oversee repossessed collateral and foreclosed properties for proper management i.e.: regular inspections, as well as tax and insurance payments.
- Direct repossession or foreclosure of delinquent accounts determined to be non-resolvable, ensuring that all proper documentation is accounted for and all data are properly entered.
- Manage and prepare the reports pertaining to loan delinquency for the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the collections function to ensure that a high quality of customer service is being provided.
- Approve collection personnel activities regarding workouts of loan payments on delinquent accounts, assisting in procedures when necessary.
- Answer complex customer questions that arise during the collections process.
- Periodically provide training to Credit Union staff to assure their awareness and understanding of regulations that affect their functions and in changes in regulations.
- As part of the overall team of Credit Union employees, this position may be requested to assist in the support of other Credit Union activities.
- Able to adjust quickly to different work situations and remain composed under pressure and in stressful situations.
- Must understand laws and regulations that impact Credit Union loan and deposit functions. Must understand how to review various Credit Union functions to evaluate level of risk associated with these functions.
- The ability to express thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in written form to a variety of audiences and to all levels of staff.
- Must be skilled at various financial tools and models available on the personal computer. Examples include spreadsheets and accounts payable.
Policies and Regulations:
- Extensive knowledge of Credit Union’s policies and procedures as well as applicable State and Federal Laws.
- Preferred knowledge and understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Ability to effectively manage one’s time to complete work in a timely fashion. Must be able to effectively develop project plans and outline the steps to accomplish objectives on time.
- 3+ years of related collection experience in a financial institution.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret government regulations, trade journals, legal documents.
- This job requires skills needed in a typical office environment. This includes computer skills as well as utilization of office equipment.
- Customer Service skills are a must.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.